FREE ONLINE LET REVIEWER IN GENERAL EDUCATION
General Education is the portion of the curriculum common to all undergraduate students regardless of their major. It exposes them to various domains to knowledge and ways of comprehending social and natural realities, developing in the process:
- Intellectual competencies such as critical, analytical and creative thinking, and multiple forms of expression; and
- Civic capacities demanded of membership in the community, country, and the world.
For this reason, general education is distinct from specialized learning. The former introduces, students to different ways of knowing; the latter focuses on a particular discipline. General Education is oriented toward broad or wide ranging understandings, while specialized learning is directed at more theoretical and technical knowledge. As such, general education undergirds the entire undergraduate education curriculum and cannot be expected, by itself, to deliver all the objectives of higher education. The prerequisite to the success of general education is the consonance of its goals with those of higher education
What Will I Learn?
- Higher levels of comprehension(textual, visual, etc.)
- Proficient and effective communication (writing, speaking, and use of new technologies)
- Understanding of basic concepts across the domains of knowledge.
- Critical, analytical and creative thinking.
- Application of different analytical modes (quantitative and qualitative, artistic and scientific, textual and visual, experimental, observation, etc.) in tackling problems methodically.
- Appreciation of the human condition.
- Capacity to personally interpret the human experience.
- Ability to view the contemporary world from both Philippine and global perspectives.
- Self-assuredness in knowing and being Filipino
- Capacity to reflect critically on shared concerns and think of innovative, creative solutions guided by ethical standards.
- Ability to reflect on moral norms/imperatives as they affect individuals and society.
- Ability to appreciate and contribute to artistic beauty.
- Understanding and respect to human rights.
- Ability to contribute personally and meaningfully to the country's development.
- Working effectively in a group.
- Application of computing and information technology to assist and facilitate research.
- Ability to negotiate the world of technology responsibly.
- Problem-solving (including real-world problems)
- Basic work-related skills and knowledge.