ONLINE LET REVIEW IN PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
Professional education is a formal specialized training about a particular profession in which learners are taught the central concepts, principles, and techniques, and how these are applied in real practice, and the learners also acquire the necessary competencies needed for proper practice and behaviour.
Professional education is a formalized approach to specialized training in a professional school through which participants acquire content knowledge and learn to apply techniques. Although content is what the participant is expected to learn by attending professional school, such an education also helps the participant acquire the competencies needed for proper practice and behavior. Some common goals of professional education include incorporating the knowledge and values basic to a professional discipline; understanding the central concepts, principles, and techniques applied in practice; attaining a level of competence necessary for responsible entry into professional practice; and accepting responsibility for the continued development of competence. It is designed to produce responsible professionals and then to ensure their continuing competence in the profession by helping them recognize and understand the significance of advancing professional knowledge and improving standards of practice. It involves the translation of learning to practice and is intended to prevent occupations and professionals from becoming obsolete.
What Will I Learn?
- Articulate the rootedness of education in philosophical, socio-cultural, historical, psychological, and political contexts.
- Demonstrate mastery of subject matter/discipline.
- Facilitate learning using a wide range of teaching methodologies and delivery modes appropriate to specific learners and their environments.
- Develop innovative curricula, instructional plans, teaching approaches, and resources for diverse learners.
- Demonstrate a variety of thinking skills in planning, monitoring, assessing and reporting learning processes and outcomes.
- Practice professional and ethical teaching standards sensitive to the local, national, and global realities.
- Pursue lifelong learning for personal and professional growth through varied experiential and field-based opportunities.