PREMIUM ONLINE LET REVIEWER IN ENGLISH FOR SECONDARY TEACHER EXAMINEES
English is a course that primarily focuses on the development of communicative competence in reading and writing. English will use various strategies in academic reading, and the process approach to academic writing.
INTRODUCTION TO LINGUISTICS:
Provides an overview of linguistics as a discipline, its development, levels of structure, and its significance to English language teaching.
STRUCTURES OF ENGLISH:
Develops the ability to use the phonological, lexical, syntactic and semantic structures of English with ease and explain the form, meaning and use of elements.
TEACHING AND ASSESSMENT OF THE MACROSKILLS:
Explores the nature of reading and the theoretical bases, principles, methods and strategies in teaching and assessing reading. It aims to familiarize students with various strategies for pre-reading, during reading and post reading.
SPEECH AND THEATER ARTS:
Examines the process of oral communications and the various forms of speech arts from public speaking and group discussions to debate, oral interpretation and dramatics.
Develops skills in applying principles and approaches in research to find answers to questions in language learning and teaching.
MYTHOLOGY AND FOLKLORE:
Explores mythology and folklore from different countries to gain insights into people’s origin, desires, fears, instincts, and needs.
Provides students with opportunities to study the basic approaches to literary theory and criticism and their application to selected literary works.
Develops skills and applies principles and strategies in writing for traditional and new media.
What Will I Learn?
- Posses broad knowledge of language and literature for effective learning.
- Use English as a global language in a multilingual context as it applies to the teaching of language and literature.
- Acquire extensive reading background in language, literature, and allied fields.
- Demonstrate proficiency in oral and written communication.
- Shows competence in employing innovative language and literature teaching approaches, methodologies, and strategies.
- Use technology in facilitating language learning and teaching.
- Inspire students and colleagues to lead relevant and transformative changes to improve learning and teaching language and literature.
- Display skills and abilities to be a reflective and research-oriented language and literature teacher.