PROFED: CHILD AND ADOLESCENT DEVELOPMENT
This course focuses on the child and adolescent development with emphasis on current research and theory on biological linguistic, cognitive, social and emotional dimensions of development. Further, this includes factors that affect the progress of development of the learners and shall include appropriate pedagogical principles applicable for each developmental level.
What Will I Learn?
- Articulate the rootedness of education in philosophical, socio-cultural, historical, psychological, and political contexts.
- Demonstrate mastery of subject matter/discipline.
- Facilitate learning using a wide range of teaching methodologies and delivery modes appropriate to specific learners and their environments.
- Develop innovative curricula, instructional plans, teaching approaches, and resources for diverse learners.
- Demonstrate a variety of thinking skills in planning, monitoring, assessing and reporting learning processes and outcomes.
- Practice professional and ethical teaching standards sensitive to the local, national, and global realities.
- Pursue lifelong learning for personal and professional growth through varied experiential and field-based opportunities.